What is Red Bull 400?
Red Bull 400 is a 400m sprint/race up the large ski jumping hill.
Can I get a refund?
At this time we are not offering refunds for tickets. Please be sure to double check your calendars before registering.
Where Should I stay?
There are currently no pre-aranged rates, but Copper Peak's partners in the town of Ironwood are: AmericInn, Comfort Inn, Classic Motor Inn, Indianhead Motel, Cedars Motel, Days Inn, Black River Lodge, Powder Hound Lodge and Big Powderhorn Lodging Association.
Current discounts being offered:
AmericInn - $10 off for participants
Big Powderhorn Lodging Association - 20% discount to general public for event, 2 night stay minium
Comfort Inn - $10 off for participants
Black River Lodge - $10 off for participants
The Cedars Motel - $10 off for participants
Indianhead - $89 dollar rate (25% off) for the event
(Must be able to show proof of registration at check in)
What type of equipment is needed?
Typical running or trail running shoes. No cleats. We also recommend bike gloves, or batting gloves, to protect your hands from splinters on the actual jump. We are doing our best to mitigate, but we want you to be prepared.
Can spectators attend?
Yes, spectators, friends and family are welcome to attend.
What is included with registration?
All competitors will receive a race t-shirt, lunch and snacks for the day, H20 and Red Bull.
How can I get media credentials, who can I talk to about media coverage?
Please contact Samantha Fink at Samantha.Fink@redbull.com
Can I take and share pictures or videos at the event?
Photos may be taken and shared on social media websites. Professional photo equipment (extended lenses, professional video cameras) is not allowed except for pre-registered media.
Can I camp onsite?
We are currently working with the local authorities to approve a small amount of primitive (car camping or tent camping) sites at the base of the hill. Once approved we will list the spots for sale on the ticket page. Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
Will there be food and beverages available?
Yes, there will be plenty of food and beverages available for purchase.
Where can I park?
There is free parking onsite.
Are you hiring or accepting volunteers to work the event?
We have secured all staffing at this point, but we'd love for you to enjoy the event as a participant or spectator!
Is it open to anyone?
No, you must be 16 years of age or older. *If under 18 you need to have a parent or guardian with you at registration to sign release waiver.
When and where is the event?
May 12, 2018 at Copper Peak. N13870 Copper Peak R. Ironwood, MI.
Red Bull 400 Competition Rules
1. No physical contact between racers. Physical contact can potentially be reviewed for disqualification
2. No Poles, No Spikes
3. Plastic spikes or any traction devices are NOT allowed
4. Dogs on leash allowed
5. Slow runners stay to the right – if you are having difficulty-completing heat, and the leaders of the following heat are catching you, you must move to the right of the course. If you do not place yourself on the right, you may face disqualification.
6. No touching, grabbing, holding onto the sidewalls.
7. Stairs are for spectators and descending participants only; you must complete the course via the constructed ramp up the middle. Using the stairs in the uphill direction is grounds for disqualification
8. If you are finding you cannot finish the race, your pullout point of the race is the midway prior to the ramp. If you need assistance getting down, we will provide you a shuttle at the midway or finish line.
9. Once you step on the ramp, you must complete the course.
10. You are not allowed to turn back on the course at any point in time
11. From the top, all racers must take the designated staircase to return to the base. Vehicle shuttles are available for racers in need.
12. If you kick a rock loose on the lower slope, please turn immediately and yell “rock” to everyone below
13. ID must be presented at bib pickup
14. Bib transfers are not permitted
15. No smoking or open flame of any kind due to the level of fire risk
16. Portable music devices are not allowed
17. Aid Stations will be at the top of the course as well as in the Athlete’s Lounge at the base
18. Once you complete the course, you must clear the finish line area within 10 seconds. If unable to do so, volunteers will assist you in moving to a rest area
19. If you miss your heat, see a race official for options.
20. HAVE FUN!